Download My HorseRaces Basic
My HorseRaces Developer
PO Box 3150
WESTON CREEK ACT 2611
ABN:12 529 591 778
Following are the steps involved in downloading
My HorseRaces Basic for AUD$29:
- Click on the 'Buy Now' link below.
- Go through the payment process, paying by credit card, bank transfer or PayPal. You do not have to be a PayPal
member to use this process.
- You will be asked for name and e-mail address (the only details received by the developer) during payment process.
These details will not be used by the developer unless you wish to receive a tax invoice or updates notification.
- You may print a receipt during the payment process. If, in addition, you wish to receive a tax invoice
for the payment you make (or wish to receive notifications of updates), send an e-mail separately
- After completing the payment process you will be redirected to a download page with a link which you can immediately
click and save the My HorseRaces Basic setup program (MyHorseRaces Basic 2.7.msi file, about 50Mb). You also receive an e-mail thanking
you for your payment and providing an alternative link to download My HorseRaces Basic.
- You will need a computer running Microsoft® Windows 2000, XP, XP Pro, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10
(including Windoes 10 tablets) with minimum
recommended 128 Mb RAM and 100 Mb free space on hard disc).
- Once you have downloaded the MyHorseRaces Basic 2.7.msi file, go to where you saved the file on your computer and
double-click 'MyHorseRacesBasic2.7.msi' and follow the installation instructions.
During installation, a My HorseRaces icon will appear on your computer's desktop. Double-click the icon
to run My HorseRaces - with the proviso that if your operating system is Windows 7 you must
run the program as administrator.
- When you first run My HorseRaces you will asked to accept the My Horseraces
You should view the licence agreement and confirm that you will accept it before
clicking the 'Buy Now' link below to start the payment and download process.
- To run My HorseRaces, you will need to have two items of software installed in your computer (only the first of these
applies to Windows 7, 8 or 10 operating systems):
- Microsoft® .NET Framework 1.1
When you first try to install My HorseRaces
by double-clicking on the downloaded MyHorseRacesBasic2.7.msi file (or when you first try to run
My HorseRaces) you will be told if you need to install the .NET framework. If you are told this,
select 'No' and download from the Microsoft Download Centre
.NET Framework 1.1 and
.NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
(and install both by first double clicking the downloaded 'dotnetfx.exe' file and then the
'NDP1.1sp1.KB8867460-X86.exe file, ignoring Windows 7 dialog boxes referring to 'compatibility issues' by clicking
'Run program'), restart your computer and check for
associated security updates for your
computer. With Windows 10, should a dialog box appear during the install saying "Objects\..\..\crystalreportviewers12\..\PrintControl.dll failed
to register", simply click 'Continue'.
- MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Components)
If you operate My HorseRaces with the .NET Framework installed but without MDAC, you will get an error message as
soon as you attempt to open any of the horse race data bases. If you get this error message,
download MDAC 2.8SP1 from
Microsoft Download Centre
(and install by double clicking the downloaded 'MDAC_TYP.EXE' file).
- The RISA files that work with My HorseRaces are 'Computer Form' (2 years form per horse at a meeting) or
'New Form' (last 5 races per horse) electronic files which you access as an 'RSB subscriber'. My HorseRaces’ users are
able to become RSB subscribers with RISA and create download accounts via the dedicated
My HorseRaces Subscriber Application Form
(accessed also via the link just below the image on the home page or
the first link in the 'Links' page).
- After you download My HorseRaces Basic,
become an RSB subscriber
with RISA and start accessing RISA's electronic race files to use with My HorseRaces (as explained in the following
links in the Overview section of the My HorseRaces
user's guide: Race Day Entry and Analysis/ Entering Race Data/ How to upload electronic
racing files into My HorseRaces data bases).
Download My HorseRaces Basic
The price of My HorseRaces Basic is AUD$29. With this software:
- You may enter race data manually or electronically, change options and parameter values, analyse individual races
(and get horse selections) and store race results - ie steps 1 to 6 in the
Brief User's Guide - but not the multiple race and optimisation analyses that you can
undertake with My HorseRaces 2.7 (steps 7 to 10 in the Brief User's Guide)
and not the permanent storage of races entered electronically available with My HorseRaces 2.7 to buid up a data
base of races over time (My HorseRaces Basic only uses races manually entered or those in the most recent uploaded
electronic race file).
You should view the licence agreement you will asked to accept when you first run
My HorseRaces and confirm that you will accept it before clicking the 'Buy Now' link below to start the payment and download
Vista/Windows 7 compatibility has added significantly to the 50Mb size of the download file. Fast broadband is recommended
for the download. Particularly if your download speed is slow, you may wish to use a download manager like
© Copyright Wayne Mayo 2016